Sunday, October 13, 2013

(To God Be the Glory)


Me - Cross behind me on wall - My Tribute and Lasting Testimony





My Tribute


 [Verse:]
How can I say thanks 
for the things You have done for me?
Things so undeserved, 
yet You gave to prove Your love for me;
the voices of a million angels
could not express my gratitude.
All that I am and ever hope to be, 
I owe it all to Thee.

[Chorus 1:]
To God be the glory,
to God be the glory,
to God be the glory 
for the things He has done.

[Chorus 2:]
With His blood He has saved me,
with His power He has raised me;
to God be the glory 
for the things He has done.

[Bridge:]
Just let me live my life,
let it pleasing, Lord to Thee,
and if I gain any praise,
let it go to Calvary.

[Chorus 2]


Additional song verse:
For thine is the kingdom,
And the power, and the glory,

Forever, Amen


When my mother passed away this past April, I sang this to her lifeless body minutes after she departed for heaven and also shared it at her memorial service.  My hope was that her friends and family could know of her own testimony and Christian faith and be touched by Christ's love in their own lives.  In my twenties, I was blessed to be able to sing My Tribute as a solo in my little church in Alaska.  To God Be the Glory!

Mother

I hope that you enjoyed reading and soaking in the lovely words, now, try listening to the way they sound in song with music and repeated verses.  It’s so very lovely and such a great praise song to God.  Here is a video clip you will enjoy of the song performed by an internationally known Norway soprano artist, Sissel Kyrkjebø and the Oslo gospel choir (a really nice jazzy version):   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiB4SEgOkow.

May the Lord bless and keep you.  May he shine his light upon you and be gracious unto thee. 

(Three generations of praying hands: grandma, mom, my sister, me)


Jeannette

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see pictures your family- wow! Your Mom looked so much like Maebell! They could have been twins!!!!

    ReplyDelete