Monday, August 10, 2026

Golden Rule - Equality in Relationships


TODAY IS CHALLENGING!

It’s not unusual for a day like today to be challenging. But to be honest, the challenges can be overwhelming when they occur as frequently as they do in my life.

How can this be changed? There are many ways to change - dealing with challenges on a day-to-day living basis. Changing one’s attitude and keeping stress levels lower and managed are key.  Doing this 24/7 is a primary goal of mine. In order for me to resolve issues, I must have clear thinking and sound judgment.

Proverbs 8:14 states: "Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have insight, I have power." [123]

Dealing with additional medical issues can be quite surprising, to say the least. Recently, I have been hospitalized for my deteriorating heart conditions. During this time, I’ve navigated the emergency room twice, being hospitalized for several days, had an invasive heart surgery/ procedure, spent time in a rehab nursing facility - to get stronger before I returned to my home. 

Especially traumatic and worrisome to me, is the deteriorating medical community in our area with patient overcrowding, short tempered staff, and uncaring professionals.

The reason I state this is to let people know that not only am I challenged medically, physically, spiritually, etc., there are others, in my age category, that are also challenged.  

There seems to be a tremendous change in our society pertaining to attitudes. 

It’s been very disheartening to realize that what I thought was a strong holistic hospital is now so overcrowded and staffed with uncaring people. Unfortunately, it has become so much of a challenge to get emergency medical assistance, that I don’t even want go to hospitals anymore! That to me is extremely sad when I am a person who values the medical profession and have worked with medical professionals to the best of my ability, including keeping a wonderful primary doctor that I’ve had now for 13 years. 

I won’t regress and write about the most recent dissatisfaction of the medical care I received - because this has happened to me before. And in speaking with a social worker, I have on my medical care team, she’s heard the same complaints within the last month from several other individuals. Sadly, I have as well. For now, I’ll reserve a different day to post my thoughts on the declining medical care given -  - especially to seniors over 65. 

So I titled this post, the golden rule - quality in relationships.  Most often I would write and discuss about relationships that are personal -  like family or friends.  However, I bring up a good point and that is the relationships with our professionals, are not always equal.  In fact, it is often so unequal that it becomes one of those big challenges that we (me) must face on a 24/7 basis.

A scripture with great content is found in Galatians 5:22-23: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy,   forbearance [patience], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."Bible Gateway

A quick search using Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) summarizes “The Nine Traits”:

The Nine Traits

  • Love: Caring deeply for others without conditions.
  • Joy: A deep, stable happiness that comes from God.
  • Peace: A quiet and calm mind during hard times.
  • Patience: Waiting well and staying calm when wronged.
  • Kindness: Showing a sweet and helpful attitude.
  • Goodness: Doing what is right and moral in action.
  • Faithfulness: Being loyal, reliable, and true to your word.
  • Gentleness: Handling others with a soft and humble spirit.
  • Self-control: Managing your own thoughts and actions. [12345]
  • YES, TODAY IS CHALLENGING!  Yet, we can do our best to treat one another as respectfully and honorably as we would want someone to treat ourselves, or a beloved person.

I will close this post by encouraging you, the reader, to consider and concentrate on scripture, especially when it talks about issues relating to ATTITUDES and CHARACTER TRAITS, “fruit of the spirit”  (referenced above).

I wish you many blessings from our Lord Jesus Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit. Praying that your day will be a lovely one and full of some positivity today.

Blessings always,

Jeannette LeHoullier




 

No comments:

Post a Comment