Wednesday, April 27, 2016

"MISSOURI MUD COOKIES" my favorite childhood cookies



Photo courtesy of Food Network website



Momma Doris Jeannette’s
Original recipe from my mother, Dortha Mann
MISSOURI MUD COOKIES


1 cube butter
2 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
½ cup of milk
½ cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy; I prefer chunky)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
3 cups of minute oats (old fashioned also works)

Cook on stove over medium heat.  Stir until mixture comes to bubbling boil.  Cook 1 minute.  Watch carefully!  Do not over cook.  Take off the heat.  Stir in quickly.  Add peanut butter, vanilla, salt and oats.  Spoon out on wax paper.

Note:  If you use natural peanut butter, cook the cocoa mixture 2 minutes or longer.






Recipe Background:  Received from my mother, Dortha Mann, in the 1960’s. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum - sounds delicious! Maybe one of these days when I can indulge on some delectable sweets I normally try to ignore, I will splurge to treat myself to this sweet indulgence!

    ReplyDelete