Wednesday, February 5, 2014

YOUNG AT HEART



The photo above makes me chuckle each time I look at it.  Engulfed in their afternoon outing, the elderly couple clearly is enjoying their time together.  Oblivious to others around them, and fellow shoppers oblivious to them, their unusual mode of transportation merely blends with their surroundings.  Why does the photo seem humorous to me?  I just love that an elderly couple can be playful and unique by creating a transport system that includes a rocking horse trailer being pulled by a handicap scooter.  So great!  They have taken their ingenuity and sense of fun and devised a way to be mobile in the most interesting and fun way.  Do you see the man’s horse whip?  It’s nuts and hilarious at the same time.

This scene is even more humorous when I look at the elderly woman’s face and the elderly man’s face and see in this particular frame stoic faces.  I can just imagine that in reality they are giggling like jello, besides themselves at the hilarious get-up they’ve invented.

So who ever said that “getting old ain’t for sissies?”  I’m so happy to see that someone over 75, 80 or even 85 can have so much fun like this.  Beats sitting at home watching old reruns of soap operas and Lawrence Welk any day.

Well, I have another goal to add to my life list or “bucket list”.  Until another day of blogging, may our Lord bless you.

 Jeannette

1 comment: